How To Fix Error 3194 in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone | iPad : As we all know iOS is one of the best OS now days. Even being one of the best OS it has also got some issues. One of them is Error 3194. Basically this is an Error of iTunes when you try to update or restore iPhone. Here we providing a complete guide on How To Fix Error 3194 in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone | iPad. Read this full guide in order to fix your issue.
iTunes Error 3194 is one the most annoying error because it doesn’t have one sure shot method or fix, you have to go from several fixes and find out the best one which suits you. Error 3194 may occur while you are updating, restoring or even when you are syncing your iPhone. If you are seriously lucky then in that case you don’t get any error while degrading or upgrading your OS, otherwise surely you are going to face some iPhone error. If you are getting this as your error i.e. Error 3194 so read this How To Fix Error 3194 in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone | iPad. Best Features of iOS 8.
How To Fix Error 3194 in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone | iPad
When you are trying to update your firmware and but iTunes doesn’t allowing you by showing Error 3194 again and again. If you are one of the victims so first understand that the problem is associated with the host file. Maximize your iCloud Storage. So you have to fix your host file in order to fix that follow the procedure:
- Open C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ (find the file that was named as hosts)
- For Mac users you have to open the file in /etc/
- Now you have to open the file in notepad (Windows users have to open that file with Administrators Privilege)
- Now you guys find that at the bottom of your file “22.214.171.124 gs.apple.com” was written
- Now you have to made this line as a comment by applying ‘#’ (without quotes) in front of the line or you can also delete the whole line
- Now just save your host file and then try updating your iPhone through iTunes
- Hopefully this error 3194 shouldn’t pop up again.
How To Fix Error 3194 in iTunes While Restoring or Updating iPhone | iPad – In Jailbroken iPhone using TinyUmbrella
TinyUmbrella and this method is basically a part of the 3194 fix. Mostly this method works when you are downgrading your iOS firmware but it can also be used while updating your iOS firmware in some cases. Because in Jailbroken iPhone doesn’t restored to factory settings
If you are downgrading, you’ll need to save SHSH blobs. For saving these blobs you can choose your Local Drive or Cydia. Right now, Cydia has saved SHSH blobs up to iOS 7.0.4; you’ll need to save the SHSH blobs of your device (and you can use TinyUmbrella for this)
- Now Download TinyUmbrella
- After downloading, connect your device (Note: Close iTunes if it opens automatically)
- Open TinyUmbrella and then click on “Start TSS Server” and also put your iPhone in DFU Mode
- While updating you have to click on “Shift+Restore (For Windows Users) and “Option+Restore (For Mac User) and point it to iOS ipsw file. (Downloaded in starting)
- After this iTunes will restore to the correct iOS firmware
- Hopefully this error 3194 was also solved for Jailbroken iPhones